Senior Software Developer
Edelman Financial Services, one of the nation’s largest and most well known financial planning firms, is seeking a Senior Software Developer to play a crucial role in delivering cutting edge web based software based on the Microsoft Stack of technologies (C#, ASP.net, SQL Server, Windows OS).
The Sr. Software Developer will be responsible for developing and supporting web applications using C#/.NET, MVC and HTML5; interpreting business requirements and technical design specifications for new or existing software; communicating closely with Product Team Leads and/or Project Managers to ensure adherence to business requirements and schedule; software design, estimation, implementation, maintenance and unit testing using standard development practices, artifacts, SDLC, and frameworks; thoroughly testing and documenting all newly written code and/ or functionality; and accepting requirements and designs as is without introducing scope creep into projects.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering OR equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years’ experience with LINQ 3, Microsoft SQL Server (Query Analyzer, TSQL, Stored Procedures, and DTS/SSIS)
- Working knowledge of the jQuery library
- Fundamental SDLC Knowledge, Silverlight
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Dedicated to completing assigned tasks on time
- Developer skills at a senior level of understanding
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment to accomplish assigned tasks
- Possess a strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Well versed in Microsoft technologies
- Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers, peers, and management, and outside parties through written and verbal communication in a professional manner
- Experience in enterprise software using Object Oriented Development Practices, using n-tier design, and service-oriented architecture required
If you are interested in an exciting career with Edelman Financial Services, apply to this job posting in our Career Center.
For more information: www.edelmanfinancial.com EOE. A comprehensive background check may be conducted on applicants for this position. Edelman Financial Services has an employment at-will policy.