Director, Retirement Plans Division
Edelman Financial Services, one of the nation’s largest and most well known financial planning firms, is seeking a Director, Retirement Plans Division for the West Coast.
The Retirement Plans Director, will be responsible to implement sales and marketing strategies effective for increasing asset growth in the retirement plans division, implements specific goals for growth and is accountable for reaching the specific growth objectives, manages day-to-day activities for his/her own production along with overseeing marketing efforts and implementation of group goals.
- Increase assets under management
- Create and present plans to sponsors
- Conduct enrollment meetings to plan participants
- Advise participants on retirement plan options
- Manage day-to-day activities for phone calls, meetings and setting appointments
- Increase Edelman Financial awareness and brand identity in the retirement space
- Create lines of distribution for the Edelman 401k Platform
- Identify and help create unique concepts for mailings, seminars, newsletters etc.
- Monitor sales activity for self/ group and assist in increasing closing ratio
- Prepare marketing materials for sales presentations
- A bachelor’s degree in business or finance preferred
- Minimum 7 years financial services industry experience specifically in selling and marketing in the retirement plan marketplace, a broker/dealer or registered investment advisor environment required
- Series 7, 63 & 65 and or 66 required
- Retirement certification preferred
- Must be knowledgeable in investment management and working with qualified plans such as 401k , as well as applicable laws and best practices in retirement plans
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- High level of motivation and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify, create and close new business opportunities in the retirement plan marketplace
- Must have prior management experience
If you are interested in an exciting career with Edelman Financial Services, apply to this job posting in our Career Center.
For more information: www.edelmanfinancial.com EOE. A comprehensive background check may be conducted on applicants for this position. Edelman Financial Services has an employment at-will policy.