Director of Marketing
Edelman Financial Services, one of the nation’s largest and most well known financial planning firms, is seeking a Director of Marketing.
The Director of Marketing will work to develop the overall implementation strategy and positioning for Edelman Financial Services. They will work to develop marketing objectives to meet short and long-term business goals of acquiring and retaining clients and growing overall revenues. The Director of Marketing will also work closely with online, communications and sales teams to drive an integrated strategy. This position requires strategic leadership as well as creative problem-solving, flexibility and detail-oriented execution management.
- Develop results-based marketing strategies to reach independent and institutional investors with the Edelman Financial and SMH brands.
- Own and drive the national strategy as well as coordinate local execution with key markets.
- Execute marketing and sales programs leveraging Sales Leads, CRM, analytics and mass-media marketing (i.e. seminars, radio, television, online, etc.) These must support and complement general market activities.
- Ensure solution-driven marketing approaches are implemented across the company.
- Work with business unit owners, marketing and sales teams to align messages and campaigns with the corporate strategy while serving as a trusted advisor to executive level.
- Communicate fully and effectively with the VP Marketing; keeping fully informed of progress, issues, and activities and when necessary involve the VP Marketing in problem solving.
- Participate in the setting department goals and tracking progress against those goals.
- Analyze performance and refine plans accordingly.
- Develop and maintain a high performing team and work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing related field required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years marketing experience, preferably within consumer-based or retail financial industry. Combined agency and client experience preferred.
- Digital, online marketing experience.
- Ability to differentiate and support various priorities in various ways, but look for efficiencies across brands/the enterprise.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Experience in interfacing with senior management
- Creative thinker, problem solver, entrepreneurial attitude desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills – with the ability to work across all departments and business units.
- Strong understanding of the digital/interactive industry
If you are interested in an exciting career with Edelman Financial Services, apply to this job posting in our Career Center.
For more information: www.edelmanfinancial.com EOE. A comprehensive background check may be conducted on applicants for this position. Edelman Financial Services has an employment at-will policy.