Our executive management team averages more than 30 years of experience in the financial services industry and provides senior level management to every aspect of our business. Our executive management is supported by a core team of professionals who also have significant experience in the financial services industry. Their collective experience has resulted in a large network of both leaders of corporations and institutions and affluent investors with whom our executive management has developed extensive relationships.
- George L. Ball is Chairman of the Board of The Edelman Financial Group and Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Sanders Morris Harris Inc. Mr. Ball is a former governor of the American Stock Exchange and the Chicago Board Options Exchange, and served on the Executive Committee of the Securities Industry Association. Mr. Ball received a BA from Brown University in 1960.
- Ric Edelman is Chief Executive Officer and President of The Edelman Financial Group, and Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of Edelman Financial Services LLC. Mr. Edelman has been ranked by Barron’s three times as the #1 independent financial advisor in the nation*. He is also a #1 New York Times best-selling author and host of weekly radio and television shows that air nationwide. He holds six professional designations. He received a BA from Glassboro State College (now Rowan University) in 1980 and was awarded an Honorary Doctorate from Rowan in 1999. Mr. Edelman also taught personal finance at Georgetown University for nine years.
- Ed Moore is President of Edelman Financial Services. He has worked with Ric Edelman for more than 20 years and was instrumental in developing the Edelman Managed Asset Program. Prior to joining Edelman Financial, Mr. Moore was branch manager of a national brokerage firm. He is a Certified Financial Planner™ and received a B.S. from Virginia Tech in 1983.
- Joe Bottazzi, II is Chief Communications Officer for The Edelman Financial Group and Executive Vice President of Business Development at Edelman Financial Services LLC, where his responsibilities include overseeing the Client Education and Communications department and the firm’s Information Technology strategy and organization. Prior to joining Edelman Financial, Mr. Bottazzi was an executive with Hewlett-Packard for 31 years, serving most recently as the Senior Vice President of its Americas Technology Services business. Mr. Bottazzi received his BS in Marketing from Rowan University in 1980 and a MBA in Finance from Fordham University in 1990.
- Rick Berry is Chief Financial Officer of The Edelman Financial Group. His prior career includes serving as CFO of Petrocon Engineering, and Executive Vice President, CFO and and Treasurer of TEI. Mr. Berry is a Certified Public Accountant and was employed by Peat, Marwick, Mitchell & Co. after graduating from the University of Texas with a BBA.
- Bruce R. McMaken McMaken joined the firm in 1992 and is Executive Vice President-Corporate. He serves as a manager for the SMH Private Equity Group Funds I and II and for The M.D. Anderson Proton Therapy Center, a for-profit venture between The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. Mr. McMaken received a BA from Cornell University in 1981.
- Eraine J. Parker is Chief Compliance Officer. She has more than 25 years of compliance and accounting experience in the financial industry, including five years with FINRA. Prior to joining EFS in 2007, Ms. Parker served in a bank-affiliated broker-dealer and registered investment advisor; during her 23-year tenure, she served as CCO. She received her BA in business administration from Georgia State University in 1988.
- Lesley V. Roberts is Chief of Staff. She joined EFS in 1998. Her areas of responsibility include human resources, office administration, facilities and real estate.
*According to Barron’s, “The formula [used] to rank advisors has three major components: assets managed, revenue produced and quality of the advisor’s practice. Investment returns are not a component of the rankings because an advisor’s returns are dictated largely by each client’s risk tolerance. The quality-of-practice component includes an evaluation of each advisor’s regulatory record.” The rankings are based on the universe of applications submitted to Barron’s. The selection process begins with a nomination and application provided to Barron’s. Principals of Edelman Financial Services LLC self-nominated the firm and submitted quantitative and qualitative information to Barron’s as requested. Barron’s reviewed and considered this information which resulted in the rankings on Aug. 27, 2012/Aug. 28, 2010/Aug. 31, 2009.